Cell: 604-790-5185

Injured In A Motor Vehicle Accident?

"If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident it is important to seek legal advice," says Ruth McIntyre, a former nurse, who has been litigating personal injury and medical negligence cases for 22 years. A lawyer can arrange interim payment of benefits, assess the value of your claim, and help you obtain fair compensation through negotiation, mediation, or trial. Ms. McIntyre's medical background is an asset in understanding your medical situation, and in obtaining the expert information required to successfully resolve your claim.

Ms. McIntyre advises that, "If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident, seek legal counsel immediately. What many people do not realize is that you will be claiming against ICBC if the driver that hit you is also insured by ICBC." She also notes that, "It is important to ensure that your lawyer considers all aspects of your claim, including liability issues, property damage, injuries, special care requirements and potential wage loss from the date of the accident until retirement age or beyond. If you settle your claim prematurely, or without proper advice, there will be no second chance to be compensated for your losses."

For more information and caselaw that may apply to your claim, visit www.canlii.org.


Canadian Bar Association www.cba.org/home.asp

Trial Lawyers Association of B.C. www.tlabc.org

Best Guide to Canadian Legal Research http://LegalResearch.org

Rights Over Arbitrary Decisions for British Columbians https://roadbc.ca